Amidst the recent Government announcements surrounding COVID-19 and the recommendations to reduce the spread of the virus, I would like to keep our valued clients, candidates and community informed of the measures we have implemented in both our office and in our dealings with clients.
At this stage we are open for business. We care about our candidate and client safety and are following the advice of Health and Government Authorities in order to minimise the potential of the virus spreading.
We have several measures in place to mitigate risks to Recruitment 24/7 staff, candidates and clients. These include:
- A notice on the front door (office entrance from Carpark) informing of Corona Virus symptoms and asking candidates/employees to refrain from entering the office if they display those symptoms
- A notice to inform candidates of our “No-Handshake” rule
- A notice to request visitors entering the office to use the supplied hand sanitiser upon entering reception
- Use of a hand-held forehead thermometer to detect fever in visitors to our office and exclusion of people with temperatures of 37.5 deg Celsius and above
- A visitor declaration near the sign-in book declaring the visitor does not have any symptoms (candidate declarations can be made available to clients on request).
- When phone-screening / booking interviews, employees are to advise candidates that if they are unwell, they should:
not attend our office
reschedule their interview time
inform Recruitment 24/7 immediately if they have attended the office and have been quarantined
advise Recruitment 24/7 if they develop symptoms and therefore are unable to attend their work assignment
- Covid-19 Health Department Videos presented to candidates with the usual WHS induction
If, despite these precautions, someone displays symptoms whilst in the office, Recruitment 24/7 employees are advised to supply the sick person with a mask and ask that person to immediately leave the premises and contact their medical provider. Staff are then required to spray antibacterial spray (Glen 20), utilise protective overalls / aprons, gloves, and eyewear and disinfect/bleach possible (hard) places of contact such as desks, chairs, door handles etc.
Notice to Recruitment 24/7 Clients:
Recruitment 24/7 recognises the economic repercussions of COVID-19, and whilst current Government incentives aim to keep current employees at work, we understand this is not always possible. Our aim is to provide our clients with replacement staff as soon as possible (for as short or as long a period as required), to minimise disruption to the workplace. This can be facilitated by early notification of your staffing requirements, and accurate position descriptions so we can best place appropriate staff with your organisation.
Recruitment 24/7 is committed to working together with our clients to ensure a safe workplace for our candidates. Below are some links that may be useful in your response to Workplace Health and Safety regarding the Coronavirus. Please ensure our candidates are provided site-inducted using COVID-19 protocols, paying attention to hygiene standards recommended by the Department of Health. Please also ensure you inform Recruitment 24/7 in the event of a positive diagnosis of Coronavirus in your workplace.
If you feel you have some information that may unify Recruitment 24/7 in meeting your WHS requirements, please feel free to let us know by emailing our Managing Director firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting our office.
Notice to Recruitment 24/7 Casuals:
Please ensure you are utilising recommended hygiene practices, especially in your workplace, by:
- Coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your arm
- Washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water
- Using hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available
- Staying 1.5 meters away from other people, especially those who display symptoms, where practicable.
If you develop symptoms such as a sore throat, cough, shortness of breath or fatigue, please do not come to work! You are required to contact our office on 07 3281 2489 or your consultant directly on their mobile phone as soon as possible so we can organise a replacement for our client. In some (limited) circumstances, we may be able to organise for you to work from home.
Please also ensure you contact your health care provider or 13 Health (13 43 25 84) for advice. I have included some helpful links to information around Australian Workplace Laws, Workcover, cleaning recommendations and self-quarantine should it be required. Also included are some informative short videos from the Department of Health.
As a community we envisage difficult times ahead and Recruitment 24/7 will continue to assess the situation in accordance with Health and Government recommendations to ensure we respond with appropriate measures. If you feel there is anything we can do to assist you during this time, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Please view the following links for additional information: