Recruitment 24/7 is working in partnership with one of Australia’s most reputable building products manufacturing companies based at Wacol.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, we are looking for an EXPERIENCED Trade Qualified Maintenance Fitter that has had experience working in a manufacturing facility. Applicants who have had exposure to Lean or Competitive manufacturing will be highly regarded.
This is an ongoing casual position for the first three months which afterwards the successful applicant may be offered a permanent position depending on work performance.
The casual pay rate is $34.50 for afternoon shift and $30.00 for day shift. When this position goes permanent the pay rate will be the same with the inclusion of annual and sick leave payments.
The successful applicant must be able to work a minimum of 10 – 12 hour shifts Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday also being worked. Penalty rates apply for overtime worked.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, results orientated, and meet the following minimum criteria:
- Minimum 2 years experience working as a Maintenance Fitter in a manufacturing facility
- Sound knowledge of effective problem solving skills including the ability to develop solutions, fault find, trouble shoot and implement continuous improvement
- Be pro-active, a team player, with the ability to work independently
- Trade Qualified
- Previous experience working on conveyor systems and packaging equipment
- Experienced in Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
- Restricted Electrical Licence would be beneficial
- Be able to pass a Drug and Alcohol Test prior to commencement of work
If you are interested in the above position and believe that you have the necessary skills and experience please upload your current resume when you apply.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.