Recruitment 24/7 has currently has a vacancy for a Project Support Officer working with our Qld Government Client based at St Lucia. This is a 15 week contract with a great hourly pay rate.
The primary purpose of the position is to support the Project Manager throughout the project cycle from transition-in build through to acceptance and completion. The key focus of this role will be the implementation phase, including implementation planning, creating work packages, coordination with the University community, the vendor’s on-site technical staff and support staff within Information Technology Services.
The person must be able to demonstrate high level Excel skills, strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and excellent communication skills, particularly in creating effective documentation and communicating with vendors and stakeholders.
Essential criteria include:
• At least 4 years’ experience in coordinating IT/telecommunications projects in a large organisation, with a focus on client service delivery outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to take high level instructions and breakdown effectively into process flows and work tasks.
• Advanced knowledge and demonstrated ability to effectively use Visio, Microsoft Project and Excel to effectively coordinate the project and provide appropriate documentation.
• Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including negotiation and liaison skills at all levels with a demonstrated ability to build positive, relationships with stakeholders and team members
• Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate tasks to others to support fixed deadlines on the project.
• Ability to quickly gain detailed knowledge of University procedures and interrelationships
• Past involvement in implementing new systems (preferably telecommunications related), including scheduling cut-overs with the affected user groups.
• Experience in basic user account programming for telephony/voicemail systems, or the demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively learn new systems and train others.
• A proven self-starter with the ability to exercise initiative and judgment, to work autonomously under broad direction, to accept responsibility, and to adopt a flexible work approach.
• Demonstrated ability to make informed decisions on tasks delegated to the role by the Manager.
The duties of the role include but are not limited to:
• Create implementation plans, schedules and work packages, for installation of the upgraded infrastructure and maintain them to meet changing needs and requirements, in coordination with the Project Manager, vendor on-site technical staff and organisational unit stakeholders and ITS support groups.
• Identify issues, risks, and opportunities and take proactive measures to communicate and resolve or to devise appropriate mitigation plans.
• Prepare and circulate status reports (checkpoint) at regular interval and highlight reports (exception) as required. Maintain an issues register and project log.
• Co-ordinate project meetings, and document meeting agendas, minutes, and action logs. Liaise with appropriate persons to ensure action items are completed in a timely fashion.
• Document support processes required for the new technologies and assist in implementing the new processes with the relevant groups.
• Undertake project related communications to the University community (user base). This includes, but is not limited to:
– preparing material to promote and communicate project status, timelines and deliverables
– liaising directly with Heads of Departments, Administration Managers and Section Heads;
– engaging in site visits where necessary to proactively clarify telephony application requirements and any potential implementation risks.
• Coordinate and schedule cutovers for the UMG PABX replacement, centralised voicemail replacement and new services. This includes, but is not limited to
– extensive use of the University’s CAABs (phone) Directory system and Microsoft Excel to compile accurate cut-over schedules for University organisational units and identification of critical services for each organisational unit;
– working closely with Helpline staff in the “pre” and “post” cut-over support of each organisational unit
• Become familiar with the end user features and functionality of the existing voice platform and replacement platform, including voicemail, in order to provide appropriate advice to users, prepare updated documentation
It is essential that you have a current driver’s licence, be able to pass a drug test and also a Police check before commencement of employment. The start date is ASAP.
Permanent Australian Visa or Australian citizenship required.
If you are interested in the above position and believe that you have the necessary skills and experience, please email a cover letter outlining how you meet the required criteria and current resume to Recruitment 24/7s Recruitment Managing Director Mark Andersen at .
I can be contacted 24/7 for a confidential discussion on 0437 013 501 so call me as soon as you read this ad.. After hours interviews can be arranged to suit your needs.
About Recruitment 24/7
Recruitment 24/7 is proudly owned operated and based in Ipswich. We offer permanent recruitment and labour hire, servicing our clients all over Australia. We have extensive experience in the medical, mining, engineering, manufacturing, service, administration and senior management sectors.
Recruitment 24/7 has established a reputation as a provider of excellent affordable recruitment service to our clients.
Recruitment 24/7 is privately owned and operated. The business is managed by the owner in a very “hands on” style and is supported by a small team of dedicated consultants who pride themselves on their service levels and no nonsense approach to recruitment.
Recruitment 24/7 candidates are drug tested before commencement of employment and randomly throughout their placement with our clients.
Recruitment 24/7 is committed to being the best recruitment firm in Australia. We will achieve this goal by continuing to observe our corporate values of “Honesty, Integrity and Professionalism”