Recruitment 24/7 has a vacancy for a Senior Project Manager for our Government Client based in the Brisbane CBD. This is a 12 month contract role with a very good pay rate.
The purpose of the Senior Project Manager role is to oversee the delivery of large scale, complex Information Management (IM) and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) projects, by ensuring that they are completed successfully within agreed performance criteria to enable enhanced health service delivery.
The primary duties of this role include the following:
• Oversee the successful delivery of complex and high risk projects to ensure project outcomes are achieved and enterprise solutions are delivered that are responsive to customer needs.
• Ensure project outcomes are achieved and project management capability is maintained within the Division by leading, managing and directing multi-disciplinary project team/s.
• Provide expert advice and strategic input into the development of project deliverables to ensure they meet quality standards and comply with Queensland Health policies, strategies and architecture.
• Ensure projects are managed in accordance with best practice guidelines and Queensland Health’s formal project management (PM) approach and methodologies to enable the achievement of consistent and quality project outcomes.
• Ensure internal and external stakeholders are informed and engaged throughout the project lifecycle by developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
• Manage projects by overseeing the monitoring and reporting of project related trends and performance against project plans and budgets.
• Enable informed decision making on project issues by developing timely and relevant written submissions, briefs, presentations and information papers for project stakeholders.
This role has important indirect relationships with the following roles:
• Program Directors and Project Managers;
• Other Program and Project roles as required;
• In-scope Hospital and Health Services (sites);
• Other external and Health Services Information Agency stakeholder groups as required; and
• Facility Clinical and Executive staff.
• Fulfil the accountabilities of this role in accordance with Queensland Health’s core values, as outlined above.
• Oversee and manage the definition, documentation and successful completion of large scale, complex program/project(s) in line with Queensland Health project management methodologies.
• Promote and ensure the use of appropriate project management techniques, methodologies and tools, including benefits realisation and risk and issue management, to ensure quality project outcomes are delivered.
• Oversee and manage the monitoring and reporting of project related trends and performance against project plans and schedules.
• Manage project resources, expenses and capital costs against the project forecasts.
• Initiate, influence and maintain relationships with and between key internal and external stakeholders, facilitate effective communication channels to promote the successful adoption of change within the business, and foster relationships through lessons learned, feedback mechanisms and management of expectations.
• Manage capability and resource development by leading and mentoring multi-disciplinary project team(s).
Within the context of the responsibilities described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
• Proven experience in the delivery of large scale complex IM/ICT program/project(s), preferably in the health care industry.
• Proven stakeholder relationship management skills to support effective business change, including the ability to initiate relationships and influence key stakeholders.
• Expertise in, and application of, appropriate project management methodologies (preferably PRINCE2), and an ability to promote and provide advice on the use of appropriate project management techniques, methodologies and tools.
• Proven excellent negotiation, consultation, facilitation and effective written and oral communication skills for use in a complex project environment.
• Proven experience in leading, managing and mentoring an effective multi-disciplinary team.
• Proven analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and a proven ability to work in a team environment.
• Previous background or experience in implementing medications management and / or clinical solutions would be well regarded.
• Proven experience working in a collaborative “virtual team” across multiple locations and organisations.
• Proven experience working effectively with both senior clinical and technology stakeholders to deliver complex business solutions would be well regarded.
• Proven experience working in a matrix management delivery environment.
• Proven experience working with Cerner product would be well regarded.
To be successful in the role you must have
Extensive experience in a Project Manager role
Be available to start on Monday 30th March 2015.
Current Driver’s Licence,
Be able to pass a drug & alcohol test
Criminal History Check
If you are interested in the above position and believe that you have the necessary skills and experience, please email a cover letter outlining how you meet the required criteria and current resume to Recruitment 24/7’s Managing Director Mark Andersen at .
I can be contacted 24/7 for a confidential discussion on 0437 013 501 so call me as soon as you read this ad… After hours interviews can be arranged to suit your needs.
Please note that only successful applicants will e contacted.