Recruitment 24/7 has currently has a vacancy for a System Tester (AR) for our Qld Government Client based in the Brisbane CBD. This is a 7 week contract with a great hourly pay rate.
As the System Tester you will provide functional testing of the dimensional data model, including before and after data comparisons and identification of data quality issues.
Our Client is developing a self-service model of performance reporting within its Planning and Performance Reporting Group (PPR) in order to achieve a more timely, accurate and consistent reporting solution across the state. An initial pilot will be conducted to identify the relevant processes within PPR, including interactions with the data warehouse, regional areas and senior management to allow performance measures to be developed from a single consistent set of data and business rules. The performance measures will be presented and distributed using SharePoint together with the Microsoft BI Suite (PowerPivot and PowerView).
Key Responsibilities – Duties – Skills set
Develop test cases in consultation with the Business Analyst
Carry out functional testing of the dimensional data model
Verify correct loading of historical data
Before and after data comparisons and identification of data quality issues
Develop and execute SQL to facilitate test execution
Essential Requirements include :
• Must be able to work autonomously and in consultation with system developers to document and execute test plans.
• Must have a good level of SQL skills (Microsoft SQL Server)
• Hands-on technical skills, as well as testing experience would be highly regarded for this role.
• Experience working within a data warehouse environment would be well regarded, but is not essential.
• Experience working within a Microsoft environment (Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 or 2012, Reporting Services, etc) is desirable.
• Develop test plans to required quality standards
• Analyse data, and document before and after comparisons
• Document testing outcomes and actions
It is essential that you have a current driver’s licence, be able to pass a drug test and also a Police check before commencement of employment. The start date is ASAP.
Permanent Australian Visa or Australian citizenship required.
If you are interested in the above position and believe that you have the necessary skills and experience, please email a cover letter outlining how you meet the required criteria and current resume to Recruitment 24/7s Managing Director Mark Andersen at .
I can be contacted 24/7 for a confidential discussion on 0437 013 501 so call me as soon as you read this ad… After hours interviews can be arranged to suit your needs.