Recruitment 24/7 has a vacancy for a Business Analyst for our Government Client based in the Brisbane CBD. This is a 3 month contract with a great hourly rate.
A business analyst is required to investigate current options for the strategy & performance portal by engaging with the business and IT subject matter experts and to document high level requirements of the solution.
The business analysts will be required to:
-Develop requirements specifications and procurement specifications for required solutions.
– Provide leadership and support to multi-skilled teams and act as a bridge and subject matter expert (SME) between business and technical stakeholders in architecting, developing, testing and delivering solutions.
– Develop conceptual models of business processes where required and appropriate to the project, utilising appropriate modelling techniques to develop end to end service mappings.
– Provide expert advice on matters relating to systems functionality.
– Work with a technical team to develop prototypes to ensure business requirements are met.
– Provide a high level of expertise in establishing and documenting ICT business and system requirements through a range of structured research and analysis techniques including, but not limited to facilitated stakeholder workshops, surveys, client meetings and industry reference reviews.
– Obtain formal agreement from stakeholders on the scope of requirements (including business focussed user storied) to establish a baseline on which delivery of a solution can commence.
– Where required, initiate communications between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact for defined groups and facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders.
– Actively participate in the management of client expectations in a limited resource development environment with competing priorities.
Relevant tertiary qualifications and significant work experience
Demonstrated originality and resourcefulness in being able to use technology to provide innovative solutions
Interpretation of business processes in service delivery frameworks, for example ITIL
Sound liaison and communication skills, including ability to write in plain English
Ability to set work priorities and develop work procedures and practices
It is essential that you have a current driver’s licence, be able to pass a drug test and also a Police check before commencement of employment.
Applications close on the 17th January with a view that the successful applicant will commence employment in early February.
Permanent Australian Visa or Australian citizenship required.
If you are interested in the above position and believe that you have the necessary skills and experience, please email a cover letter outlining how you meet the required criteria and current resume to Recruitment 24/7s Managing Director Mark Andersen at .
Please note that if you do not provide a cover letter, your application will be deleted. Applications and enquires in the first instance are strictly by email only. Only successful applicants will be contacted.