Recruitment 24/7 has currently has a vacancy for a Database Analyst for our Qld Government Client based in the Brisbane CBD. This is a approximate 10 month contract position expected to finish up in early January 2016 with a great hourly pay rate.
The role is required to work within the existing Database Administration group, supporting a number of Ingres (required), Informix, Oracle and SQL/Server databases on Solaris and Windows.
POSITION SKILL SETS AND EVALUATION CRITERIA :
The role requires the following skills:
• Security and compliance: understanding the security options for information held on the database
• Monitoring and tuning: ensuring that the database is running to optimal levels and understanding the table structure within the database in order to ‘tune’ the database
• Backup and recovery: understanding the options for backing up and recovering data held within the database. There will be local policy and procedures for each of these processes
• Trouble shooting: investigate an issue and work to find the root cause of why there is a problem with the system. They must also be able to implement a solution to address the issues
• Designing databases and changes to database schemas
• Deploying changes to production applications from written deployment plans
• Writing and maintaining UNIX shell and perl scripts on Solaris 10
• CVS (Concurrent Versions System) version control system is desirable
• Occasional after hours and weekend work may be required for deployments
• Writing and running data fix scripts in SQL
• Rally (desirable)
Ingres skills are mandatory and key to the position.
It is essential that you have a current driver’s licence, be able to pass a drug test and also a Police check before commencement of employment. The start date is ASAP.
Permanent Australian Visa or Australian citizenship required.
If you are interested in the above position and believe that you have the necessary skills and experience, please email a cover letter outlining how you meet the required criteria and current resume to Recruitment 24/7s Recruitment Managing Director Mark Andersen at .
I can be contacted 24/7 for a confidential discussion on 0437 013 501 so call me as soon as you read this ad.. After hours interviews can be arranged to suit your needs.