Recruitment 24/7 has currently has a vacancy for a Technical Officer for our Qld Government Client based in Coorparoo. This is a 6 month contract with a great hourly pay rate.
As the Technical Officer you will provide specialist advice and apply technical skills in support of a variety of online learning systems that constitute the department’s eLearning environment, The Learning Place. In particular your focus will be the provision of high level technical support for the department’s Learning Management System (LMS).
POSITION SKILL SETS AND EVALUATION CRITERIA :
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and delivery of the following key tasks:
• Support the Learning Place and associated teams by contributing to the provision of tier two technical support, professional knowledge and skills in current systems and technologies associated with service delivery in eLearning environments.
• Participate in research and development of emerging technologies and their application to enhance delivery capability for schools, communities and staff.
• Contribute to the development, maintenance and implementation of standards, structural design, usability and accessibility advice, guidelines and procedures for delivery of online products.
• Support the development of technical solutions for online delivery to ensure best practice delivery of content according to standards and guidelines.
• Conduct quality assurance monitoring, testing and evaluation of learning product and supporting technology to support projects and business as usual tasks.
• Use effective time management and organisational skills to manage tasks and prioritise workload to meet deadlines and budget expectations in delivering a quality product.
• Maintain currency with new software, emerging technologies and government standards and guidelines.
• Attend project planning meetings and where required, assist in scope and conceptualisation of online products.
• Proactively liaise with the manager regarding progress updates, design guidance and issues that may impact on the operations and client support services offered by the unit.
• Promote positive working relationships with team members by contributing to team discussions, encouraging the sharing of information and supporting professional growth through continuous improvement.
A diploma qualification relevant to the tasks outlined, from a recognised tertiary institution or qualification which, in the opinion of the Director-General, Department of Education, Training and Employment or delegate is acceptable.
It is essential that you have a current driver’s licence, be able to pass a drug test and also a Police check before commencement of employment. The start date is ASAP.
Permanent Australian Visa or Australian citizenship required.
If you are interested in the above position and believe that you have the necessary skills and experience, please email a cover letter outlining how you meet the required criteria and current resume to Recruitment 24/7s Recruitment Managing Director Mark Andersen at .
I can be contacted 24/7 for a confidential discussion on 0437 013 501 so call me as soon as you read this ad.. After hours interviews can be arranged to suit your needs.